10 Health Tips to Try Out Today
By Brent Fairbanks
1) Eat More Fiber Fiber can be found in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, and seeds. Fiber-rich foods are more filling. So increase your fiber intake youll feel full quicker and stay full longer.
2) Portion Size Does Matter Even when it comes to snacks. Have a healthy snack between meals. If you snack on fruits and vegetables, there is really no limit. Craving something sweet? Make it easy by choosing a snack that comes in a single-serving size, such as a 100-calorie pack. This will help to prevent you from eating more than you should.
3) Vary Your Workouts You body can get used to doing the same exercises all the time, which leads to plateaus and boredom. Keep your body and mind challenged. So if your cardio workout is always running on the treadmill, mix it up by kickboxing or taking a spin class instead.
4) Keep a Food Journal It is the key to helping you become accountable for what you eat.
5) Eat Breakfast Its important to eat something within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning to boost your metabolism, which has dropped while you were sleeping. It will also keep you from getting too hungry and overeating at lunch, and it improves your thinking ability.
6) Eat Every Four Hours Eating frequently keeps your hunger in check and can help you prevent bad food decisions.
7) Minimize Your Intake of Artificial Sweeteners Too much can trigger your craving for something really sweet like pie or ice cream.
8) Water, Water, and More Water Water keeps everything moving through you. It also enriches your skin and helps you lose weight. Drink as much water throughout the day as you can.
9) Take Snacks on the Go Always have snacks with you to help resist having to eat fast food and processed or prepackaged foods. Fruit or a handful of raw or dry-roasted nuts are great options.
10) Get a Workout Buddy Having a workout partner can be a great way to keep you going. Making plans to work out together keeps you accountable and less likely to skip the workout.
To learn more about weight loss and getting healthy, get a copy of my 'weight loss myths' book.
Thanks for listening, leave me a comment.
Be the First to Add a Comment!